Mar 26, 2013

Germany

I have so much to report on our trip to Germany last week! My mom and I escaped for a week to do some reconnecting with the mother land, and we had a great time! I think I mentioned that Mark bought us tickets for Christmas, and so we have been busily planning our trip to make sure we had time to do some family history digging around and also have some fun. And...success! We think we found the birth records of my great great great (great?) grandfather and all of his children, along with a few marriage records at the Catholic diocese. I can't tell you how many hours we spent staring at a computer screen trying to figure out how to read German script from the 1800's. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Here are a few photos from the trip. I want to do a more comprehensive trip report, which will hopefully trickle out over the next few weeks. It's busy times around these parts!
 
 Bicycles in Munich.

 A typical German breakfast. Hearty!

 The Residence Palace in Wurzburg.
A house in Hafenlohr, right outside the tiny village of my ancestors.


No comments: