Dec 3, 2007

Weekend of friends

No, I'm not talking about these friends, I'm talking about friends from my past, present and future.

I am quickly realizing that I have some pretty great friends. I wouldn't be able to feel as satisfied with life as I do without their friendship. I wouldn't get the joy out of simple things like the perfect couch with the perfect cup of tea. I wouldn't laugh at myself everytime I thought of german girls. I wouldn't have friends to laugh with at the silly situations in which we always find ourselves neck-deep.

Case in point: This weekend, my old roommate and "Best Friend" was in town. We went to school together, shared the same major, and share similar aspects and ideas about life. She went back to finish up school, so I don't get to see her that much. But she was in town for the weekend and we were able to go out a few separate times for dinners, drinks, and various other urban activities. On saturday night, we had dinner at Tabaq, a tapas bistro in the U street corridor. We talked about life, school, love, things that make us truly happy, and our own individual pursuits. It was really therapeutic and just what I needed.

When dinner was over, I wanted to go see my friend play with his band at DC9(a club down the street), but Best Friend was not in the mood. Insisting that she'd rather stay at Tabaq and start reading a nerdy anthropology book(which I can totally get down with), she stayed at the restaurant for about 1.5 hours while I went to see another awesome friend, Ron. On the way to the club, I caught up with a new friend on the phone. At DC9, I ran into an old friend who I've known since I was 14. We put our arms around each other and swayed to the music. After the show, hugs were exchanged and I went back to the restaurant to pick up Best Friend. Then we went home and sleep in the comfort of my urban flat.

I love living in the city and I love the experiences I am able to have. But most of all, I love my friends who make it possible to enjoy what would otherwise be quite mundane.

Loves to all my loves!!

No comments: