Sep 29, 2008

A Brooklyn Weekend

Who says you have to be a school geek all the time? I had FUN this weekend. No thanks to this guy:
Friday, after watching the debates, we took off to Brooklyn to eat dinner at the Roebling Tea Room. Delicious food and amazing ambiance. Jazz playing, dimly lit, wooden tables, tall ceilings, wallpaper - it was cozy. Fun date and it only took about 1/2 hour to get there! Thank you express train.
Saturday we got up SUPER early (10:30 am) to have Gnomie and TH Day of Fun. What did GATHDOF entail?
Bagels from Absolute Bagels - BEST bagels on the island.

Next up on GATHDOF, we went to the Natural History museum! We spent nearly 4 hours walking around, mostly in the mineralogy room, wherein TH ran around like a kid in a candy store touting the glories of the periodic table. Sometimes I'm like - is this seriously my boyfriend? Until he finds me next to the silicate rocks, telling him about the mantle of the earth and how this does or does not relate to solar power technology. Sooo...we are kind of MFEO.



After museum exhaustion, we took the subway over to Brooklyn and walked the Brooklyn bridge to Manhattan! It was a grey day - perfect for a bridge walk, especially with a delicious slice of Brooklyn pizza in hand. I took approximately 32,906 pictures on this bridge. Here is a sampling:




THEN, we walked through Little Italy, Chinatown, and SOHO, hopped on the subway and headed to Ratatat, where we danced the night away. It was one of the best shows I've been to thus far in my short life. Everyone was dancing and there were so many friends there to hang with! I wish I could see them again. Iggy, have fun for me at the Cat. Wish I could join you!!




After the show, it was home again. We fell asleep to Friends. What a perfect freaking day.
Sunday was church and then TH hopped the train back to DC. Hell, I miss him already. I don't think it ever gets easier to be in an LDR. But these marathon weekends sure do help ease the pain.

3 comments:

this one said...

did you call TH your boyfriend? i love it.

I love TH. Love him so much.

It makes me happy that you two are hanging out. I love love love it!

fun weekend! i wanna come!

Sokphal said...

That thing in the background (3rd picture) looks like a pile of poo. :) Coming up to NYC this weekend--if your BOYFRIEND is in town (and even if he's not), you should meet up with me, Kev, and LC on Sunday.

The Danimal said...

I want to live in the same city with you and go on adventures. You are my favorite blogger.