Aug 22, 2012

We have a tree

I finally found a nice fiddle leaf fig tree for our living room. We've had it for about 3 weeks and it's already dying. Thus is the fate of me and my black thumb. If it did not come from IKEA, I cannot keep it alive (what is it with IKEA plants lasting for forever?).

The leaves are drooping, turning brown and falling off, and it is seriously in a sad state. Which is just for the best, I suppose, since these plants are not supposed to be eaten by little babies hands. But we did put it behind the couch*, assuming by the time Henry would be old enough to learn how to crawl back there, he'd be way beyond the age of trying to eat weird stuff. See? I was planning on having this tree for at least 3 years, not just 3 weeks. Shoot.

*I promise the plant is much further from Henry than it appears to be in the photo

No comments: