Oct 23, 2013

Settling in

We finally got internet installed yesterday. So I will be updating this blog with things London-y.

For now, just...well...we are loving the parks near our house, enjoying the good views of the tall buildings downtown, and I love our tiny little flat. We bought nearly all the furniture we need and I hang up more pictures every day, and I'm pretty proud of myself for not taking forever to make home decorating decisions like I normally do. I'm learning! Also learning that strollers really put a kink in my home design plans (and bikes! geez! stop taking up so much valuable space already!).

I just placed an order on Mex Grocer UK for salsa verde, chipotles in adobo, and corn tortillas because I'm honestly dying for an enchilada over here!!

Henry walked all the way home from the park (1/2 mile) yesterday, I was so proud of him. He's doing so great here. Eating well, sleeping like a champ, and his vocabulary is really taking off. He tells me to put everything "right rere (right here)" or "up ere (up here)". Every time he takes a big step or a big bite, he says "big boy"! He loves to "pay mamas room (play in mamas room)" and READ! Oh boy, he wants to read and play all the time, which is great considering where we were 3 weeks ago, when all he wanted to do was suck on his pacifier and watch Cars or Thomas. It was a rough transition there for awhile.

Ok, more pictures later when I have a bit more time. I have a job interview tomorrow (!) that needs some prep. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

caitymay said...

Good luck ! Try Wahaca for some great Mexican grub - there are a few locations in London :)

tipi tai said...

big boy!

mav said...

How exciting for Henry to have a British accent as he starts talking more, maybe? I can't wait to see that when/if it starts. :)