Sep 22, 2007

Fixer upper

The roommates and I recently decided that we needed a little redesignin in the front room. The front room consists of the kitchen, the dining room and the living room. We felt there needed to be a little more division between the spaces, in order to make a house a home. Or whatever.

Anyway I thought it would be a great idea to turn the table to face the wall and create a little space for dining or studying or using a laptop. The table was in this position for several days and I hadn't seen anyone sitting there. I decided it was time to break it in. I invited Teen Heartthrob over dinner. As you may or may not know, I love to cook and bake. This love has increased greatly due to my recent purchase of the Apron Sent From Above.
So I threw on my apron, whipped up a delicious and simple whole wheat pasta with tomatoes, olive oil and parmesean. I set it down on the Table and invited TH to come over and partake. After surveying the table, he questioned me.

TH: You want me to sit at the table?
Me: Of course. What? You don't want to?
TH: No, no. Umm...I'll sit here.
Me: Good. It's a nice table. I think you'll really enjoy it.

TH sits down and I sit on the couch next to him and begin to read a magazine. Enter Arizona roommate. She surveys the situation and begins to laugh hysterically.

Arizona Roommate: TH, what did you do? Why are you in time out?
Me: He's sitting at our new table!
TH: I don't know why. She hates me.
AR: Ya'll are whack.

Why doesn't he like the table? Why is the table the time out spot? Why do I hate TH?


I don't know.

Let's move on.

Everyone knows that white walls are boring. Being surrounded by white walls is my own personal hell. My alcatraz. So what better way to cure the alcatraz blues then to paint the wall??
I love painting! We decided to tape off some blocks in order to pretend we are avante-garde snobs or something. I don't really even know what that means, but who really cares? Our walls look amazing.
That color is so warm!!
Look how pretty! I think the blocks turned out really cool.


I love home improvement. I should go apply to be a Tool Time Girl.

4 comments:

Jen Evans said...

Can I just say that I'm sad that my gift apron is no longer good enough for you. It was made with LOVE!!!!

Lindsay said...

Wow. Ok so that looks a way better I love it! I'm all about painting these days too. Way to go Gnome! When can i visit?

Jay and Heath said...

quien es ese calvo que siempre esta con vos? me dice la jora (whore) que tal vez venis a utah? es cierto?

Heather Brown said...

I love how you did those blocks! That is way cute! What a fun idea!!!