Sep 20, 2007

White Housing

I have a problem.

I can't seem to keep away from the center of the universe lately. I'm sure you know, by center of the universe I mean The White House.

Because my roommate is awesome and loves me, she continues to invite me to fun White House events. Whereas normally I would shun all this political shoulder-rubbing (esp. with scary carnivorous republicans!), my roommate has shown me the light of appreciating the glamour and excitement of being involved in the DC arena.

Last week, we went on a West Wing tour.
We saw the press briefing room, where Iggy and I discovered that free cheeseburgers are offered to all republican white house staff. This is how they ensure party loyalty. I knew it!
Teen Heartthrob and I took prom pictures in front of the rose garden. In case you can't tell, we are very adept at color coordinating our outfits.
We saw the Eisenhower executive office building, wherein I coveted the black and white tiled marble floors.Teen Heartthrob and I also had a very important meeting to hold, so it was extremely convenient when we happened upon this conference room with comfy chairs. You might think we are just exchanging pleasantries here, but TH actually just sat on a whoopie cushion (the posture gives it away). Jokes are sooo much funnier in the west wing.
Fast forward to yesterday when I attended the arrival of Marine One!
Iggy and I love this new hairspray we bought. It totally holds our hair in place like this all day!
I'm striking a pose, because that is what happens to you when you're at the White House. You might be seeing a lot more of this if I continue hanging out at 1600 Penn. I gotta keep it hawt for G Dub.
Thanks, roommate! I'll see you at at Book Week with Laura!

3 comments:

leslie said...

your white house post totally kicks my white house post's ass. we should give up and just combine our blogs into one. "the nomadic ignoramus"..?

Jay and Heath said...

what? where was this tour 2 & a half years ago? October still in the works?

Team O'Connor said...

Where can I get summathat hair spray? HOT! You girls amaze me.