Jul 15, 2008

POTUS interruptus


From the white house press conference this morning.


On the gas tax moratorium:

POTUS: ...And we'll consider interesting ideas. But, Jim, what I'm not going to do is jump right in the middle of a presidential campaign. We'll let the candidates argue out their ideas.

Q Well, would --

POTUS: I just told you I'll consider the ideas. If it's a good idea, we embrace it; if not, we're analyzing the different ideas coming forward.

SMACKDOWN!!!


On strategies in Afghanistan:

Q But do you think we're winning? Do you think we're winning?

POTUS: I do, I think we're making good progress. I do, yes.

Q Can I just add to that, a couple weeks ago --

POTUS: No, you can't.

Continued:

Q Can I just say --

POTUS: They just cut off your mic. You can't, no.

Q A couple weeks ago you said --

POTUS: Now she's going to go without the mic. This is awesome. (Laughter.)

SHUT DOWN!!! PUBLIC HUMILIATION!!

On opening up ANWR for oil exploration:

Q But what --

POTUS: Let me finish, please, Sheryl. Strike one on the exclusive. (Laughter.) Excuse me, strike two. (Laughter.) That -- you made me lose my train of thought, of course -- maybe that's what you were attempting to do.

FACED!!

Damn, G dub. You take that bull by the horns then. Holly is right, the POTUS is one funny man. That press conference release was full of jokes, compliments and just a good ole fashioned texas way. God bless America.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Q Can I just say --

POTUS: They just cut off your mic. You can't, no.

Q A couple weeks ago you said --

POTUS: Now she's going to go without the mic. This is awesome. (Laughter.)


Wow, this is almost as awesomely bad as the stunts Rummy pulled on the press.

this one said...

i made it into your blog! woo hoo.

anyhow, this isnt my first rodeo.