Oct 27, 2008

I make surprises happen.

This past weekend I decided to shun school and run away from all the papers and presentations I had to prepare and visit the ever-magical land of DC.
I didn't tell anyone I was coming down. I just hopped on a train, said goodbye to my troubles, and was whisked away to spend the weekend in coupledom with TH.
We went to a rock show. We ate chinese take-out at Wok N Roll. We went to costco.
We shared a very berry sundae at costco. Important: TH is now a costco member, which means he is officially a grown-up. Being a grown-up allows you to wear whatever you want, including tshirts with scary be-fanged cats.
Being a grown-up also means you get to spend money when the economy is in the pooper. TH bought a new TV that we (he mostly) carried home 4 blocks in the ever-loving pouring rain. It was so funny - so funny that I couldnt stop giggling and had to put down the TV every 2 minutes lest I drop it. Luckily the TV didn't get too wet and we were able to watch Flight of the Conchords and Simpsons halloween special.Not only did I get to hang out with TH, I also got to see my cute little niece and my Dad dressed up for Halloween! I walked into my old chapel where the ward halloween party was going on and they were so surprised. Jenny came bouncing over to me like a gummy bear. It was great to see my family!I also did something totally unlike me, but was kind of inevitable. I ate a big fat pork bbq sandwich. And it was so delicious. 2.5 years of meat abstinence to an entire sandwich. Positives: I didn't get sick. It was delicious. DJ A likes me. Negatives: I might get fat. I get meat burps (tiny, girl ones). I don't feel that bad about it. While in VA, I got to see some of my favorite VA girls:

Now I am back in NYC and still procrastinating those papers and schoolwork. If there is one thing I'm good at, it's procrastination.

6 comments:

Jen Evans said...

CHICK MAGNET

modestmuse said...

I was so bummed I didn't get to see you. What the heck were you breaking the veg in Chantilly for?? You look so cute in all these pics.

Eric said...

I am so happy you ate that sandwich. We had been praying for you.

this one said...

you are such a hottie.

i miss you. a lot.

i did teach those kids dance lessons.

can i hang out with TH. I miss him too and I am sure that he needs DC friends. Yeah?

Julie said...

I should do another post about my meat consumption. I will, and it shall be dedicated to you, Megan. Oh, and also to Eric because he's always supported me in my meat decisions.

Miss you too, H! We drove by the apt last weekend and saw the house across the street was finally for sale. I'm pretty sure TH is going to buy it and let me furnish it. I'll need your help, of course. :)

leslie said...

looks like SOMEbuddy was in DC and forgot to tell their ole' pal Iggy! this is becoming a pattern... ahh well i'll just blame it on TH and call it good, mwa-ha-ha