Oct 8, 2008

On sleeping

I sleep on my back.

When I cannot sleep, I will toss and turn and try stomach sleeping, and occasionally I'll fall asleep on my side, but I always wake up in the morning on my back.

Since moving into my new room, and obtaining a big girl bed (queen size, ooo la la!) I feel a little silly having my small body take up about 1/3 or maybe more like 5/16 of the bed. Well, last night I tried a little experiment. I propped up all my pillows in the corner that my bed is pushed against, laid a little upright, and stretched my body from corner to corner. I woke up this morning, still upright - looking out over my room, surveying the vast expanse that includes my delicious ikea desk, my photos, my closet, my bookcase, my stuff hanging on the door, etc. Basically I have discovered that I have access to a bed throne. Um, insanely cool.

I'm sitting in my bed throne right now. I'm taking up the whole bed, sprawled out like an octopus - appendages every which way. I like this newfound sleeping arrangement. I just wish my servant would bring me my JUICE! Once and for all!! And my toothbrush, too, please, because I am too lazy to get up.

4 comments:

Eric said...

I have a picture of you in some type of Dr. Octopus costume sprawling out on the bed, with the tentacle legs just going nuts. Anyway, it reminded me of that bed you and Heather had in Pineview.

Lindsay said...

Hey good for you! Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where Kramer realizes how productive he can be in the shower and starts cooking in there and stuff. Funny.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Try sleeping crosswise in the bed. It's the best, for some odd reason (which I know not).

I tried to add "Vitus" to my queue and Netflix is "temporarily unavailable due to scheduled maintenance." Thanks for the recommendation. I'll try again tomorrow.

The Sullengers said...

I still slept in the same place when I had a king - just nice and tucked in on my side - Kash loves it!