Jul 18, 2013

My adoring fan.

Hi Henry, it's me. Your most favorite person on the planet. Sometimes I wonder how I got to be so loved and adored. I always wanted to be the first on someone's list, and now that I am - uhhh when do I get a second of alone time?!

Oh, I know it's been a hard month. You miss your Tia (so do we). You've been dumped on the front door of many a people in the past couple of weeks, and it's long days with the new babysitter, but you're doing a great job. I love the afternoon hugs and rejections of bedtime without at LEAST 5 songs from yours truly. Oh my darlin', Home on the Range, Edelweiss, Polly-wolly doodle (your favorite, you funny thing), are all on heavy rotation these days on my old pipes. 
I think I'll just be putting away the maxi skirts for awhile because you find it way too easy to pull me around by my skirt and it's hard to say no to that.
 

You're growing up oh-so-fast and doing new and funny things all the time, so it's hard for me to be away from you during the days right now. Who am I kidding, it was never easy and it probably never will be. But I'm proud of you - the nice boy on the playground, the high-fiver, the eater of broccoli, the singer of "baby, baby" and "E-I-E-I", and the sweetheart who gives me a goodnight slimy peck on the lips every night.  How lucky can one mama be?!


2 comments:

Heather said...

Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

The Sullengers said...

Love this! He is such a cutie and I can't imagine how hard it would be to go to work everyday....but you are an amazing mom and obviously very loved by Henry :)