Sometimes you just need a day to yourself.
Living in the barracks, which is a dorm style building, that is often hard to accomplish. People just want someone to talk to or hang out with and because we are all in such close proximity, a persons door will be knocked on atleast 3 times a night. It's kind of annoying, especially if you are:
a) taking a bath
b) taking a nap
c) trying to watch a movie
d) trying to play guitar
e) pretty much everything else, too
Last night, however, I only got two knocks, which were both necessary. One was because I had borrowed someones car keys and they needed their car. The other was to make dessert waffles. When is it not necessary to eat dessert waffles? mmm, they were so good with my yummy raspberry jam shmeared all over. They bring me back to crepe days with fun people like Heathbar, Bear, and my "soon to be fat" sister Jenny. Thanks to all who have made me crepes, especially when they put real whipping cream on top. And peach pie filling....
So here is what I was able to accomplish in my room despite the necessary knocks:
1. watched 3 episodes of Friends (season 3, disc 3--one of my favorites which is the one where nobody goes skiing)
2. play guitar. I'm honing my skills on "the wind" by cat stevens, "upward over the mountain" by iron and wine, "green eyes" by coldplay and "love at first feel" originally sung by acdc. And I'm gettin good.
3. take 3 hour nap.
4. talk to my mom AND mark. Oh, AND Larsbien. Hi Larsie!
5. talk to heathbar and Joto online. mainly heddo, cause she's the obvious cool one of that union. you know its true, jay.
6. study spanish. necesito un profesor!!
I had a good day. It was so good, in fact, that it lasted until 2 AM.