Jan 20, 2007

Proud to be American.

I was at the grocery store this afternoon and overheard this conversation between a small child and his mother.
Mother throws a jar of marshmallow creme in the cart.
Boy: Mom, what's that?
Mother: It's marshmallows.
Boy: Yeah, but whats that stuff at the bottom?
Mother: Uhh...that liquid stuff? I...well...I guess it's corn syrup. Yeah, it's corn syrup.
Boy: Well, what is it?
Mother: What is what?
Boy: What is a marshmallow?
Mother: Well...it's like...I think it's...I don't know. I know it's creamed something.

Creamed Something.

LADY, IT'S NOT CREAMED SOMETHING, IT IS GRINDED UP HORSE HOOVES MIXED WITH CORNSYRUP AND SUGAR!!!!

This is whats wrong with society today. Nobody knows what they are eating, they just know that it tastes amazing and are passing this biased knowledge onto their progeny. Ugh. Coming from the girl who grew up on a steady diet of velveeta and chipped beef sandwiches.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, Velveeta. I always thought their name had something to do with the Velveteen Rabbit. And I'm pretty sure marshmallows come from plants which grow in marshes or are extracted from the species "peeps", so they are all natural. Like velveteen cheese.

Anonymous said...

Creamed rabbits. fluffly creamed rabbits. mmm...

Eric said...

Drank a can of condensed milk last night... what a rush.

Anonymous said...

Alright - so I just don't buy that their is ground up horse hooves in my rice krispy treats, which I'm addicted to... So...I'll research it, but if I find that your blog is inaccurate, you better believe I'm posting another comment.