Jan 4, 2007

Long days and dreamlesss nights

My days are long and filled with arduous tasks such as driving...riding public transport...collating...emailing...more public transport and more driving...then menial tasks that fill up my night.
Sounds like this is driving me crazy, but it really isn't. In fact, I think I am just pretending it is driving me crazy because thats what you do when you work, right? Complain about the commute. Talk about your worthless job. Congregate around the water cooler for office gossip. I am so excited to start being a water cooler girl. I already broke into the scene today. I was invited to lunch my some coworkers and we discussed pros and cons of being an office worker. There were many references to TPS reports and lackeys named Dwight. I loved every minute of it. In fact, I'm starting to think that the only reason worth working is the fun people you are around and the lunch hour. Is that true?

So I am busy being working woman.

I am also busy decorating the bedroom downstairs. I'm nearly done. I just need to find some curtains, a table, and a lamp and I will be inserting my design into the historical society of room redesigningness. Seriously Jenny, you wouldn't even recognize it. Probably because its no longer stale-cracker-laden, nor does it smell of old sweaty socks.

Today I went shopping and spent too much money on a haircut. I thought -- hey if this guy is foreign AND wants to charge me a lot of money, he must really know what he's doing. He did. Oh, did he ever. He knew that my "mid-twenties career girl" look needed to be replaced with "newscaster-on-the-local-channel" look. Blech. I thanked him profusely for my instant gain of 10 years and proceeded to pull hair back in ponytail, ignoring the hairsprayed locks that so desperately wanted to stay put.
So the moral of the story -- people who do the news pay a lot of money to look so silly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! What job are you working at? Office work isn't all that bad, and it is true- if you work with great people, it is a blast! Well, have fun being an office girl. Oh-i can totally picture you with poofed out hair and lots of hairspray, completely you! just kidding

Anonymous said...

I imagine your hair to be like nancy grace's hair. In my link is an especially hilarious picture of said hair.

Anonymous said...

i imagine something like what on my link. maybe a little less curly. but only a little less.