Jul 30, 2009

exhausted. but worth it.


Went to the fleet foxes show last night at the 9:30 club. Clarification: went to the "late" fleet foxes show. The openers didn't even go on until 11:00 and FF started around 12:15. We left early, but not because I didn't love it - because I didn't want to completely regret going.

TH and I started the night at Amsterdam falafel - i'm finally learning how to do the toppings to get every bite to taste delicious. Then we drove over to the 930 and waited in the longest line I've waited in at the 930. The opening band, Espers, was literally like being at woodstock. I wasn't that into it and thankfully neither was TH, so we just made fun of them while they belted out songs that sounded exactly like the moody blues. (don't get me wrong i actually went through a moody blues phase about 4 years ago and i totally respect what they do, but seriously who recreated moody blues??)

Fleet foxes was amazing and my heart was pounding the entire show, against my will - the drums were so loud, and the music just filled every little corner of that room. Pretty amazing.

But the last couple shows I've been to, both me and boyfriend are like - "why do we come to these shows? too many people. too many drunk people. too crowded. etc."

i'm just getting so old and crotchety. it's starting so much earlier than i thought it would.

No comments: