Jul 29, 2009

student loan consolidation

have you done it?

who did you go through?

what made you make the decision?

i'm looking into this, since i have 10 billion different loans, but the only thing i would save would be my sanity. i have 3 payments right now, but if i consolidate i lose out on lower interest rates that would be raised a bit. unfortunately my loans are all fixed and were taken out at a time when the banks had not-great-rates.

is it worth it to consolidate and lose out on a couple thousand? i'd really love some feedback from anyone who has advice. this stuff makes me want to jump off a bridge.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Go to a professional school loan pro Julie. That's who is helping us managing our Med school mess. Get a hold of your loan department at Columbia. I wouldn't do it alone.
jodi

AmandaStretch said...

What Jodi said. I went through my school's usual loan people, and they're pretty helpful. Do you have a financial advisor through your bank? You can ask them too.

leslie said...

looks like your readers have provided you with some student loan consolation