Jan 5, 2010

well-deserved.


yesterday, as i was leaving work, i started running to catch the bus.

i tripped.

i fell. hard. on the freezing cold sidewalk, right on my knee and stubbing my big toe. i laid on my back for about a minute it hurt so bad and it was so cold, too!

i got myself up about a minute later and i couldn't hold back the tears. i started sobbing. like face grimaced, tears falling down face, making sounds, crying. homeless people even asked if i was ok.

i called TH. "(inaudible hiccuping and crying)" "j, what's wrong?", TH asked. it took me about 30 seconds to get any words out. "my knee hurts!!", i cried, feeling silly as the words came out. i cried and sniffled on the phone for about 5 minutes, then hung up. and cried walking down the street.

i think i was mainly releasing stress from holidays and wedding stuff. i wasn't really hurt (so i thought)...so i went to georgetown. after all that pain and crying, i needed to shop and eat a cupcake. i deserved it, don't you think?

now today my knee is one big black and blue mess! and my toe is black and blue and looks like a big ugly sausage. i keep checking on it to make sure it hasn't fallen off - so far so good.

send well wishes my way. i could use some comfort!

8 comments:

Rowdy Rowlett's said...

were so sorry! Brooklyn really feels your pain. Tanner slammed her little finger in the car door... hard! It cut it open and left a serious indention for about 10 minutes. We took her to the doctor to be safe, but everything ended up being ok. She even got to wear a split on her finger for new years. Maybe you can borrow it for your toe :)

JD said...

Feel better. And spending money is good therapy. Spend away

Eric said...

I'm sorry, but as soon as I saw the semblance of the word Grimace in your writing, I pictured you in a Grimace costume bounding down the DC streets looking for milkshakes. Adorable.

hanner said...

i'm sorry sista. i cried a lot when we were planning our wedding. we should meet up for lunch sometime when you are not stressing and complain about the cold?

becca said...

that's so sad! also, i think that's something i would do—start bawling on the sidewalk. you did deserve that cupcake.

Grace said...

oh no! Falling down sucks. Good for you for letting it out. Sometimes that's what is best and you should have a cupcake today too! Feel better soon!

The Sullengers said...

This sounds horrible - I'm so sorry! I hope you heal well and indulge on lots of chocolate and get some massage or something from TH

Lars said...

Oh julsie so sorry for you! At least you weren't climbing the hill at Utah state and fell on the ice right as the bus went by so everyone could see you! (Luckily I was the person on the bus who saws, not the person who fell)