Jun 16, 2010

mid-june assessment

1. it's hot. everywhere i go is hot. somebody let me sit next to a pool, please!
2. not blogging helped with my internet ADD. i will start again, but am trying to lessen other blogs i look at. only reading people's blogs i know and a few select design blogs.
3. denver. seattle. alabama. = check. halfway done with the traveling for this month. it's safe to say i hate airports and will try for the rest of my life to only get direct flights, or i always miss my connections. HATE.
4. our apartment is scarily messy. since we've been in and out so sporadically on various trips, it's like a flea market in our place. dishes everywhere, camping stuff strewn about, clothes lying on the ground...i'm struggling to like where i live right now. luckily we have declared saturday as national cleaning our apartment day. i have never been so excited to clean.
5. comcast cable sent us a letter saying they accidentally gave us too many channels when they installed our cable and they are taking them away at the end of the month. what are they taking away? please don't say comedy or bravo or AMC or...lifetime! secretly i want them to take it all away. TV is such a time waster. this is supposed to be the summer of reading, after all.
6. oh yes, summer of reading. i'm cheating my way through it. i got a book on tape or whatever you call it now (digital book?). The Help. it is amazing and i'm loving just turning on my iPod and listening to the great reading voices. i can't recommend this book enough. plus listening to it rather than reading has forced me to take in every word. i'm a big time skimmer when i read, so this is quite different for me. i like it. i only have 45 minutes left in this book, then it's onto the next! i think i'm going to read a classic.

Last night, TH picked me up from the airport. We came home and he surprised me with some SweetGreen salads he'd picked up for us! I was so happy, and so tired I almost started crying. We watched The Daily Show and ate our salads like a typical night home, and I was so happy to be back. happy to be back.

1 comment:

Lars said...

1. I LOVED the Help. And I'm sure you will too!

2. The new haircut looks easy. I am Jealous and considering a change for me.

3. I've always known you were a wishy-washy vegetarian. I laughed at that one.