Feb 28, 2013

Shorty.

Henry is a shorty-man. He is little. Friends of mine with similarly aged babies write things like:
Oh we had to childproof our front door because baby can reach the doorknob.
Baby is close to climbing out of the crib
etc.
But we are awhile from reaching that point with our short mister Hen.


Henry is just getting tall enough to ride his firetruck around and he practices getting on, getting off, getting on, getting, off. That exercise alone can keep him occupied for a good 5 minutes. I'm so proud of his dedication.

The other night I got back from a business trip about 10 minutes after he went to sleep for the night, and I went in to check on his sleeping self. He was seconds away from falling into a deep sleep, but aware enough to know somebody walked in. He lifted his head up, looked at me, then head back on the mattress. Then he did it again. Then he realized it was mama, and he woke up enough to stand up and reach for me, so I scooped him up and he fell asleep on my shoulder within minutes. It was so so sweet, I just never want to forget that moment. Henry is a pretty great little guy, even if he is already starting to throw tantrums (not even 16 months yet! help!?), they are few and far between. Let's hope they stay that way!

And I know Hen will hit a growth spurt soon and grow too fast for me. But for now, I'm enjoying his shorty status. It's so cute to watch him walk everywhere as a little guy.

No comments: