Feb 22, 2013

Sleeptalking

Mark told me last week that I have started being a noisy sleeper. I've been more tired than ever in the past few weeks, and some mornings I wake up feeling like I've run a marathon. So last week he told me I have been snoring lately. Ok, whatever, no biggie, but it gets worse. Apparently I have a tendency to sit straight up in a panic, sometimes saying something, mostly just gasping for breath, than laying back down.

Last night I sat straight up and grabbed Mark's arm in a panic. He asked me if I was ok, then I rolled my eyes and laid back down to sleep. I don't remember that at all!


What is happening to me? I would be so freaked out if Mark grabbed me in the middle of the night like that, and we both need our sleep. I feel so awkward in the mornings when he tells me the weird things I did.

Anyone have similar stories like this? Is there any way to stop the madness?

8 comments:

hanner said...

oh mark. robbie does this to me almost every night. just goes to show you that me and mark are the same person and you are robbie are frighteningly similar.

hanner said...

for fun, in the future, when you talk to mark in your sleep you need to tell him to prompt you to talk more. i've stopped keeping track of the weird things that robbie says to me but he usually has a good sleep response for whatever he's saying to me!

Mary said...

Tim talks in his sleep often. I think its worse when he's stressing about work. Go get a massage?

Mary said...

Tim talks in his sleep often. I think its worse when he's stressing about work. Go get a massage?

Jay and Heath said...

You sitting straight up in a panic reminds me of every time Lars would fall asleep on the beanbag or something and she'd wake up just like that. haha! I can still picture her. I say, embrace it. Have Mark start talking to you when you do that and see what you say. I bet you could have some good stories. ;)

Lily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lily said...

My fiancé sleep talks all the time. He sits straight up and talks for a good few minutes. The first time I witnessed him talking in his sleep it gave me the willies, I was totally creeped out. Now I just reply to carry on the dialogue and it's pretty funny. I'll say stuff like, "Don't you think it's a great idea if you make dinner for us tomorrow? And you love house-chores so much, it's your favourite past-time."

Ha ha ha. The dinner idea i planted actually came to fruition, the house-chores, not so much... I'm working on it, lol!

Team O'Connor said...

It makes me feel good to know that you feel awkward too! I've been a sleep walker/talker my whole life and sometimes I wake up in the middle of it and feel so embarrassed! I also feel weird when my husband tells me about what I did the night before. I thought I was the only one who felt shame! Hahaha.