Feb 8, 2007

Chilly con carne.

It is cold.

It is so cold that two mice had to jump start a cockroach to get to work.

It is so cold that the words that come out of my mouth are frozen and you have to fry them to hear what I said.

I have been a bundley mess lately. I wear a long sleeve shirt, layered under a thick sweater. Then I put on a jacket. Over the jacket I wear my long wool coat. Over the coat I put a big thick scarf that I wrap tightly around my neck and face. I wear a big, thick and snuggly hat. I wear two pair of socks. I wear big, clumsy boots. I wear very thick and warm gloves. I put this uniform on when I leave my house and then again when I leave the office. And I am sick of my winter uniform.



I had no intention of looking like a marshmallow this winter. I really wanted to be cute, savvy, stylish city girl in her smart coat and heeled shoes. But Cold Gnomie is beating Stylish Gnomie to the ground. *Sigh.

This morning on the metro, I was standing akwardly trying to take off my gloves and find my backpack among all the fluff and a man tapped me on the shoulder. I was startled because there is never personal contact or recognition on the metro for me. I turned around and there stood a man, gesturing towards the open seat he just vacated. Someone gave up their seat for me. Someone gave up their seat for me. I was touched. Until the thought occured to me that perhaps he gave me his seat because I looked large with child. *Double sigh. Atleast me and my baby are warm.

3 comments:

Eric said...

That langnima1 is such a stud. Always preparing very good gifts for you.

Maybe he thought that you were a hot pregnant girl. Did he ever wink at you?

leslie said...

that used to happen to one of my companions. people would give up their seat on the bus for her beacuse they thougth she was pregnant. but she didn't understand Thai very well and i didn't tell her beacuse hey, more amusement for me. mwa-ha-ha.

thanks a lot langnima1. because of you i now have to do that word verification test i always fail. or did you have that on here before, Gnomie? i can't remember.

Julie said...

Heh.

Yep, langnima1 is a sucker. He can never pass the word veri's. Maybe he is blind. Or 4 years old.