Jun 26, 2007

I haven't partaken in a week



I have been averaging about 10 hours of sleep a night for the past week and I think I owe it to my fast from Monster. I think I'm catching up on all of the sleep I missed over the past 3 months. So my question is: Do people who drink highly caffeinated drinks their entire lives crash one day? Fall asleep one day and sleep for a few weeks straight? Because if that is the case, sign me up for a year! I'm such a sloth and admittedly love to sleep. Deep sleep, cat naps, sleeping on the bus, sleeping in the park, I take it anywhere I can get it.

6 comments:

Eric said...

People that continually drink highly caffeinated drinks don't just crash one day, they screw up their natural sleep cycles and live a sleep-deprived life. Usually you need less sleep as you get older, and you can also just drink a little stronger coffee to get by. Anyway, this is the reason that Ambien is such a hit around the country. The bad news is that unless you want a pricey prescription to Ambien in 5-10 years, you should probably stop now. The good news is that there is a new generic for Ambien called Zolpidem that is much cheaper and affordable. My advice is to drink up. The rest will work itself out.

Anonymous said...

SLEEP WHILE YOU CAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!

Anonymous said...

ok, that last link didn't work, so try this: http://nomadicnourishment.blogspot.com/2007/01/i-dedicate-my-100th-post-to-evans.html#links

Julie said...

Poor Jenny. Sleep deprived mommy. And we wonder why our own mother is crazy.
Eric, you are so smart. Every night I thank my God in heaven that I have a pharmicist as a friend.

Idaho Rob said...

As a recovering rockstar addict I completely agree with Eric. I used to drink two a day and sleep for four hours, work for 10 to 12 (construction very difficult), shower eat etc. for one hour and date for 6-7 hours a day. Then on Saturdays I would sleep for 12 hours and only drink one. But anyways I just quit one day and I am still alive

leslie said...

i sooooooo wanted to make a joke about your last sentence..... ok fine i will:

"that's what she said"