Jun 2, 2007

Violent Dreams

I had the worst dream the other night. I can't stop thinking about how disturbing it was.

So my sisters and I are all hanging out in this room, talking and having a great time. The room is an average sized room, maybe a salon or foyer type of room. We are talking when out of nowhere, someone bursts through the door waving a gun around. We all scream, scared and unsure of what to do, when I take a look at the gunman. It's my brother. He starts shooting all of us and we are screaming and trying to find furniture to hide behind when I realize - he is shooting blanks. So we grab him and try and settle him down. That is when my other brother walks in and surveys the room and what is taking place. My brother, the gunman, sees him and starts shooting. Except this time, he is not shooting blanks. He shot him about 5 times and blood was spurting out everywhere. The look on my brothers face was one no sister should ever see. He fell back with this Frodo look on his face and was grabbing his stomach where blood was now gushing out all over the carpet. We all ran over to him crying and trying to calm him down. But we couldn't. I'm totally creeped out over this dream. It's haunting my days and my nights.

Why would I ever have a dream like that? Have you guys ever had any awful violent dreams like this? I'm totally going to therapy because this surely makes me an insane person.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not violent, but I had a dream that one of our brothers had divorced his wife to shack up with this slutty slutterson who didn't even like his kids, so we only invited his wife and kids to functions and not him. AJ said the dream was so sad that he didn't even want to hear it. :-( I think it just shows we worry about our fambly.

leslie said...

i agree with jenny. when i was probably no older than 3 or 4 i had a disturbing dream about my family that still haunts me to this day.

Eric said...

I slept over at a girl's place when I was a freshman because she didn't want to stay alone. I probably should have turned on the A/C really low and got under blankets with her, but I ended up sleeping on the futon in a separate room. (I've missed so many opportunities over the years.) I had a dream where a guy broke into the apartment and was hiding under the futon. I had to think fast, so I started fighting him and I ripped off his arm and threw him off a balcony to his death. I was pretty happy with the dream since I think it would be pretty hard to rip off a guy's arm. I told the girl about it in the morning and expected like a thank-you-makeout session. No dice. Anyway, it still goes down as one of my cooler dreams. It would also be nice if I could get a better visualization of this 'slutty slutterson' person from your sister. Just for reference sakes. Would she be like a Virginia high school cheerleader type?

Julie said...

Wow. Amazing how we can all remember violent events that were nothing but a figment of our imagination. Or tapping into our subconscious or whatever.

And slutty sluttersons aren't cheerleaders. We refer to those as ghetto booty skank-ho's. Whatever, Jenny. You were a cheerleader, too, or have you forgotten?

Anonymous said...

woah woah, whats with the hostility? I wasn't the one to say that cheerleaders were slutty sluttersons. but if i do harass you for being a cheerleader, its because those were the days i only had two sisters and an evil tormentor.

peenie. hehehe