May 6, 2008

Day of unemployment part dos

Well it turns out I had a very productive day yesterday. I went ahead with the pesto making. Yumm. Who's eating pasta and veggies with homemade pesto sauce? This girl.
I also made it to a "vegetarians invited" bbq fest in Virginia. I had the pleasure of enjoying a catfish fillet platter with delicious mayonaissed cole slaw and mashed potatoes and cherry cobbler. Ohhh still salivating. I mainly went to hang out with my favorite people from Vir-jynia. My favs were there - Mary D, TH, DJ Adams, Meg&Mark, Tim "I control you" Jim, The Nelsons, C Bix...to name a few. Here is Mary D looking hot as per usual and me looking on trying to figure out "how does she do it?"
"Who knows! Its a mystery! Lets just blur the photo so I kinda look as hot as Mary D. We can definately fool some people."
So I layed out again for my requisite 20 minutes. I'm never getting a tan this way. Coffee shop today has consisted of downloading entirely too much music.
Some of which includes the following:
1. Japanther
2. Sons & Daughters
3. Shocking Pinks
4. Tom Waits
5. The Gutter Twins

So far so good!
Oh, additionally - you should check out my brother and his familys new blog.
They have the best pictures of cute little Abby and I love the way my brother writes. It takes me back to the video we have of him reading his book about...I think it was like TMNT fan fiction? Robby, can you back me up on this? Anyway - check out his blog. Welcome to the fam blogosphere! Who should we pressure next, Jen? I'm thinking Laura would be a good candidate...

4 comments:

Cort said...

You're every bit as cute as her!

The Sullengers said...

I know I am overdoing the whole birthday thing - but once again - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

modestmuse said...

That is a very good picture of you both. I love the scarf! Show me how to do that without it looking like a neck brace.
No, you won't get a tan laying out 20 min. at a time. I usually try to lay out for at least an hour, and look how tan I am. I would recommend that :)
Also, I want tips on getting buff (the physical state, not the color) arms.

Seth and Kara Farnsworth said...

Julie,

This is Kara from Pineview....the Kara that married Seth. I was just looking through my old posts and I saw that you left me a comment a LONG time ago. I overlooked it, but was delighted to see that I had a secret friend. I have added you to my blog stalk list. P.S. your profile says you're in DC now, Seth has been offered a couple jobs back there. We'll probably be moving back there in the fall.