May 1, 2008

Slumpy McSlumperson or Gnomie McWhines-alot

Aren't you sick of my bitching? Geez, bravo for anyone who still reads this pathetic excuse for a blog. Anyway I am on the up and up (whatever that means) and I have now spent 1 (yes, 1!) night out of the house this week.

Last night I went to dinner with Iggy and her replacement friends cool friends to Tonic - a hipster joint uptown. We ate very very fried foods and drew pictures of each other on the tables with the provided crayons. Afterwards we attended a benefit concert for the fire victims of the Mt. Pleasant fire that forced an evacuation of like hundreds of people out of their apartment homes. Very sad.

So, playing the role of BFF, I thought I'd throw Iggy a bone and pay for her entry into the benefit concert. It was a $5 suggested donation. I walked up to the doorman with the shoebox full of money and threw in a twenty. "How much do you want back?", he asked me. "Just give me ten back, please", and before I had the chance to add - I'm paying for two people, he looked at me with these huge sincere eyes and said "Oh, thank you SO much. That's so nice of you." WTF? Hey man, I care about the fire victims - I really do - but that money was meant for me and my BFF! I don't have money to carelessly throw around on benefit concerts! I have a shoe collection to uphold, afterall!! Well of course I couldn't be a jerk and tell the doorman that I was actually very stingey and wanted to pay for two people. So I just counted my losses and went into the concert, where I stayed for about 20 minutes until I was too sick to stand from all the very very fried foods and on account of my deathly cold plague thingy.

Lesson learned. From now on, I stay inside. No more nights out for Gnomie. From now on - its just me, my DVD player, and season 7 of Friends. Beat that, Hipsters.

No comments: