May 21, 2008

Getting ready

Back from Nica, never knew I had the nerves that are currently ruining my digestive system. Unless, of course, I got a little tapeworm in Central America...this is highly possible.

I'm freaking out, ya'll. I'm supposed to be moving in like 4 days and I haven't started packing or preparing for this move because I am straight up in DENIAL. I don't WANT to move. I don't WANT to go to school. All my friends are here. So many of the people I love are situated in one little metropolitan area, its so easy! Why would I LEAVE that? Because someone had the brilliant idea of accepting me to one of the best schools in the country I had no choice but to say yes. This is not my fault. The cosmos are working against me. The heavens want me in New York for some reason and I am fighting the heavens with all the courage I can muster (which isn't much right now).

I submitted my photo for my student ID today. This is the one I sent:
See? I don't LOOK crazy. Or scared. I look totally calm. Maybe I should refer to that picture during times of high stress = I should refer to it 24/7. I do look kind of old, though. And wise. And pretty damn smart, too. Ok, its no wonder they let me in to their little program.

I haven't even decided when I'm moving yet. I want to stay here for the weekend, but I know I should get up to my apartment to get prepared for Tuesday. TUESDAY.

And then I have nights like last night, wherein I get together with a bunch of friends and go out to eat at delicious restaurants that I love and laugh about silly things and plan future parties involving elastic sweatpant outfits. It makes leaving seem that much more ridiculous. Usually I move because I need a change and a new start. I guess I'm glad I'm going to be experiencing a change from my job situation. I didn't want to be a pencil sharpener for the rest of my life, after all. My mind is a jumble right now.

Atleast Mickey will be taking me up to school. Shopping spree anyone???

1 comment:

Sokphal said...

You'll be fine! I was ready to pee in my pants too when I moved up there for an internship. But, after being there for a month, I absolutly LOVED NYC! I could actually wear that I heart NY shirt! I personally think NYC is more exciting than DC--always lots to do, the city as tons of energy. You'll make lots of friends at school and the LDS social network. Good luck with the moving! At least pack one box today! :)