Nov 20, 2008

Ok, maybe I lied about getting my hair cut.

I don't think I can part with it quite yet. Maybe after the holidays.

Speaking of the holidays, it is ALL I can do right now to go to class every day. Forget actually paying attention or doing any homework. I've spent the past 2 days watching this. I want a puppy so badly! If only I had a puppy, I'm sure life would be perfect. Haha. Remember the days when it was goldfish and bangs? Then I got bangs and wanted to grow them out. Then I got goldfish and they all died. Such is life.

This Thanksgiving I'm going to TH's house as I did last year (even though we were broken up at the time and it was like 9 kinds of awkward especially cause my mom showed up with me, too. what was i thinking? His mom made me do it! She insisted! who am i to turn down such an offer?). Well this year I got duties. Salad duties to be exact and I'm bringing the house down. I'm also going to bring a side of some sort and I'm trying to make it fit into the category of "food for the brave".
What is more brave - endives with pears and bleu cheese or quinoa with butternut squash and pumpkin seeds? Or something else you might suggest??

The best part is that TH has cranberry sauce duties, which is the "dumb guy" duty, right? Not so, not so my friends. We are going to show that group a thing or two about cranberry sauce by essentially creating a "3 degrees of cranberry sauce glory". Celestial, Terrestrial, and Telestial. It's going to taste so sacrilicious!!

3 comments:

Joy said...

I can't decide which is more brave or better sounding-the quinoa or the endives.

Eric said...

Three degrees of cranberry sauce glory? I think I have a new man-crush. He had me at Celestial. Gluttonfest will miss you yet again. Hopefully Heather will represent.

Patience said...

Endive salad is much more brave because you have too make the bitterness taste good. But if you go for a green salad, try a weedy kind and add fresh herbs like dill and parsley. SOOO good (also some candied nuts, fruit, goat cheese, balsamic vinegar wtih olive oil...., and whatever else you want).. sooo goooooddddd! :)