Nov 5, 2008

two homes

I am the child of divorced parents. It's true. But I've never felt like I had two homes. I always had a sense of stability. Nope, always just had the one home in good ole Manassas.

But now...
Now I am the child of two homes. My weekly home is NYC and DC my weekend home. I've only been home 3 times this semester...but that is quite a few in 2 months. Plus I just went back to DC again this past weekend. Two weekends in a row! Bonus!

Fortunately, I don't feel very conflicted with this arrangement. There are good things about both homes. Do I sometimes wish I could combine them? (Well, yes. But I realize that is geographically impossible my dearies.)
TH is cute.
And super talented. This is him driving with no hands. So adept. And he gets on my case for not wearing a seat belt sometimes. Honestly.

What's exciting right now? My friend Heathbar is pregnant and I'm so happy for these cute parents-to-be! And my whole entire family is reuniting for Christmas WITH the new babies. Man, I am just going to be in heaven, heaven, heaven. Plus a month off school!

But what's exciting right now? New president. 5k race on Saturday. Free pizza after class. Um...yep. That's all for now.

2 comments:

Jay and Heath said...

Yay for the shout out for baby Gwen! And what a fun Christmas with your WHOLE fam! Can I be a Rowlett for Christmas? Miss you. Heathbar

modestmuse said...

What a great life! Even if it's a bit fractured ... for now :) HEY, I mean until Christmas! What did you think I was suggesting?! I learned my lesson last time. ANYway, before you block me, it's good to see you're living to the fullest.

And the word verification is "billy."