Nov 23, 2008

Sorpresa.

So there I was, preparing to fall asleep, late Friday night and I hear a faint knock on the door. I lift up the peephole door and it is none other than TH. Yes, yes, my own personal boyfriend standing on my doorstep, came all the way from land-far-away Virginia to spend one day with yours truly.
That boy.

Of course it was all I could do not to gobble him up completely, he is so cute, but I figured I should not lest I had nobody to hang out with on Saturday. We woke up late (late!) saturday and had another GATHDOF in the negative 2 degree Celsius weather. Bagels at our bagel place (me: sesame with blueberry cc, him: pumpernickel with regular cc), then back to my place to grab more protective scarves and hats cause it was COLD! We spent a couple of hours walking around SOHO, shopping for coats, shoes, and sweaters. TH got a new pair of shoes. When I say new, I mean they are new, but they are the same pair that he bought last time and wore them for FIVE YEARS. Yes, that's right. Five years for one pair of shoes and he still loves them so much he bought another pair. They are nice, I will give him that. I think it bodes well for me that he likes to keep stuff around that he likes. Hehe.

After shopping, we went to Brooklyn to get pizza. This time we did it right and went to Grimaldi's. Heavens, that place is amazing as they say. Best moment: I was staring at the guys behind the counter making all the pizzas and the owner was walking around the restaurant. He came over to me and asked "do you want to learn how to make pizza?" and I said "i already know how. i used to work at domino's." His eyes got very wide and he laughed, clicked his tongue and walked away. Shameful. Apparently domino's isn't recognized out here as "real pizza". Oh well - I still enjoyed the pizza. The owner was a cute old man, so I wasn't mad. Lucky for him.

After pizza, stop in Tribeca for yummy pie at Bubby's (sour cherry and banana cream), then back to my apartment to watch "Be Kind, Rewind". It's a Michel Gondry film and just as creative and beautiful as his other films (The Science of Sleep and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind). It was really funny and totally enjoyable. Especially with pie. And especially with some quality cuddle time.

TH left at 6 in the morning to get back in time for church. He came up for 27 hours just to spend the day with me.

That boy.

Hooray for weekend surprises. TH's dad asked him "what, did you guys just eat your way through new york?" And we reply with a resounding "yes!!"

This week: 2 days of school, flight home with Ms. LMC (celebrity guru), and 5 1/2 days with family, friends and TH. And you wonder why November is my favorite month.

1 comment:

Sokphal said...

That's sooo sweet! He's a keeper! How long will you be staying in NYC for? NYC is so cold but so yummy!