Dec 18, 2008

And then there was one.

In a last ditch effort to procrastinate for my final final exam tonight, I will now blog.

Am I going to talk about school? No. Shall I speak of activities I've engaged in the past week? No. There are none to speak of. So what then will I write about? Duh - TH.

TH came into town last night and he helped me finish my final paper. He is so handy. So handy in fact, that I QUOTED him in my paper. Hahaha. He is an analyst in the energy field and had a useful quote about my recommendations for Kenya's electricity profile, so I gall-dern put him in my paper. Merry Christmas, TH.

Oh wait, that was school. Crap.

I'm going home on saturday and nearly my entire family will be there. All 5 of my brothers and sisters and their respective husbands/wives/fiances will be together on Monday. What am I going to do? Will I play the sucker? Will I play the educated-world traveling sister? Will I not talk about it? Will TH be with me and we will get made fun of?

In all seriousness, I have been planning to be the "last one" to get married for a while. As soon as Jenny got married and it was just me, Mary, and Laura and then LAURA got married (my youngest sister) I knew it was for sure over because Mary is the most romantical person I know and she was always bound to get hitched before me. Anyway since I've been planning on this for years I am not the least bit upset. In fact, I feel kind of delinquint. I'm 26.5 and unmarried. Shouldn't I have at least 4 cats by now? I did just learn a new knitting pattern, so I can tuck that one away. I think my next steps from here will be:
1. acquire new cats
2. knit sweaters for nieces and nephews
3. invest in prune juice markets
4. get season 1 of golden girls

Anything I left out?

1 comment:

Ms.LMC said...

You need to start hoarding. Every good cat lady is a good hoarder. It's of the utmost importance to hoard cats, newspapers, junk mail, and whatever else you can hoard. There should be stacks in your house eventually reaching the ceiling.