Dec 30, 2008

Vacationing.

I've been on vacation for a blissful 11 days now. Eleven. Chump change. This vacation lasts for another 20 days.
I got in a lot of family time. All the brothers and sisters and respective significant others and babies were in tow. We played games, ate a lot of junk, and mainly just sat around and made dumb jokes. My favorite thing in the world. Oh, and watched the babies be hilarious.
Tanner is still the funniest boy I know. We made lots of fart jokes and knock-knock jokes while we were riding around in the 15 passenger van (we sat in the back cause we're cool). Well, Lizzie caught on to the knock knock jokes and started in.
Lizzie: Knock knock.
Anyone: Who's there?
Lizzie: Knock knock.
Anyone: Knock knock who?
Lizzie: Knock knock. Hahahaha.

She is funny. Brooklyn is hilarious. She is so sweet and obsessed with being a princess. Anytime she sees a tutu, its on her in 2 seconds (sans pants and shirt - I've never seen anyone who loved being naked so much!) and she spins around so gracefully (esp for a 2 year old!).

Some pictures:
Mary's new fiance, Tim:Mary and Dad
Dad with baby Elijah (cutest baby ever, want to squeeze)
Brooklyn wearing my boots and Tanner being Tanner.
Mike, picture by Tanner
Me and Jen looking haaaawt
Laura and Tony (with baby Lijah)
Ok. So have I been vacationing unTIL monday. I started an internship that will last for the next few weeks. Here is me at my new job:
So I just got this internship at a renewable energy firm, doing research and record updates, and so far my boss is pretty decent. The first day he took me to breakfast AND lunch. It was really nice of him, and we even stayed late and had a good chat, just the two of us. I was kind of getting suspicious because he was being a little "too" nice if you know what I mean. The second day (today) we went to breakfast and lunch together again. I had to leave early to visit my family, so he walked me out as I was leaving. We got to the stairwell and he totally gave me a hug, then he went in for a KISS. I got really flustered and pushed him away, saying "Stop! Someone will see us!" Do you think thats creepy? I would, except this is my boss:
Ha. Yep, I got an internship with TH. I'm sure its violating some ethics code, but I got a B+ in ethics, so I live a B+ ethics life. It's pretty fun (read: mind numbing data entry) and I get a kick out of flirting with TH is front of his coworkers. Ok, I don't actually flirt. In fact, I'm afraid what people think of this arrangement, so I really don't say much at all. I just sit in the corner like a hunchback with a shawl and hack away at all the work, diet coke glued to my hand.

This internship will be awesome on my resume AND I will be able to buy a new pair of shoes. At the suggestion of TH. That boy sure knows me.

4 comments:

Jen Evans said...

Hey, I know those people.

Catch me no catch, unless he's a perfect maaaaatch!

JD said...

the means by which this internship was acquired seem a bit shady...

Sokphal said...

Sue for sexual harrassment!!! Then with that money you can buy MORE shoes!

Mary said...

What lovely pictures of those people. I like the man with the crazy eyes...