Dec 7, 2008

Just another weekend in NyC.

Saturday, after a grueling 7 hours at school working on a power point, I met up with Ms. LMC for dinner. We met on the lower east side and walked to Curry Row. It is this street filled with nothing but cheap and decent-tasting indian food. We ate at a restaurant with a romantic candle-lit table and a sitar player in the corner. After the sitar and curry we went walking around the streets to look for something to do, and then...it started snowing!!
It was so beautiful - I'd never seen snow in new york before. It made everything look cleaner and innocent.
We decided to see something in the snow that we could only see in new york, so we took the 1 train down to the staten island ferry and rode out by the statue of liberty! It was really fun and for the first time in awhile I felt like I was being spontaneous. Oh what fun it is to ride on a one-horse open ferry!
After the ferry, we decided to keep up the fun and have a night of quintessential new york. We took the 4,5 train up to Roosevelt tram, and took the tram over the Roosevelt island, then back to manhattan. Then over to Serendipity for Frozen Hot Chocolate! They were like Washington Carvers at Tryst in DC but thicker and creamier. OMG I ate mine in like 2 minutes.

The whole night I kept thinking - man, this is crazy! What else can we do?! And I would think the thing I always think: Palm Readers. For some reason I think that is the craziest thing you can do in life. I live right on the edge, I know.

But weird things kept happening to me and Laura like we saw 3 cars get flat tires in a row. We saw a woman walking around with a large trench coat and high heels and nothing else underneath (we're pretty sure). Then there was this guy on the ferry that I swear was thinking about jumping off the edge. I had a plan to save him. Throw the life preserver over the edge and go scream inside for help. Well thought out, I know.

Anyway thanks to Ms. LMC for a fun weekend!

Oh, and friday night at my friends bday party I met the half the cast of brooklyn real-world and the mormon guy set me up and made me look really dumb. I can't wait to be on the real world.

No comments: