Dec 9, 2008

Taking it all in.

Grad school. Ugh. Whoever thought this was a good idea is deranged. (Me. I thought it was.) Only 9 days left of this insanity, then relaxation.
This crunch is tons better than the summer crunch, though. It's cold outside, so it's not like I have pressing matters to attend to outside, as I did in the summer. Tis the holiday season and I tend to not be able to stay in crabby moods during this month. I get to see my friends every day. It's not all bad.
My roommate painted a christmas tree on canvas to hang above our couch since we are not getting a christmas tree this year. I love it so much. It's my new boyfriend, I think I might go sit with it tonight and stare at it, adoringly.
In other news, I took a bath last night. First bath in forever. I covered the drain with saran wrap because we didn't have a plug and it worked like a charm. It was so nice to relax in pool of steaming water. I think we should find a hot tub locale in Virginia over the holidays and sit and stew. Any takers?

I've decided that navigating the sidewalks of New York is like playing Nintendo's, Paper Boy, in that I never walk in a straight path. It's more of a serpentine in order to avoid all the obstacles coming my way. Every other block I do "the dance" with someone else, where neither of us can decide which way to go to avoid the other. There are homeless people with bottles, stumbling around. There are homeless people with hands outstretched for money. There are children running around and tourists by St. John the Divine cathedral. I cannot avoid these people. They are everywhere. And I huff and puff it the 15 minute walk to and from school every day. I think I do a pretty good job walking the serpentine line.

This picture was on the board on the last day of my nuclear class. I took a picture of it because I am immature. The prof taught the entire class without batting an eye. Except Klaus did remark on it saying "what does that have to do with nuclear weapons?" Good question. Point, Germany.

5 comments:

Tobias said...

That picture has EVERYTHING to do with nuclear weapons. It's one of the best reasons never to use them.

Julie said...

true. don't even get me started on disarmament.

and as my friend pointed out - what is this picture doing in a grad school class room? shouldn't we already know about "parts" at this point in our lives?

Jen Evans said...

In one of my classrooms at BYU i would write "Curtis Loves Bro. Markham". I'm immature too.

So THAT'S what everyone elses f.tubes look like. Interesting.

DeeAura said...

I am laughing out loud in my cubicle right now because I, also, and immature. 5 points to Gnomie for picture and comments.

Tobias said...

I THOUGHT I knew about female "parts," but that picture looks more like a Vulcan warship. I’m all mixed up.