Jan 30, 2009

And the race is on.

I need to make a decision on which elective I'm taking this semester. I tested out of my stats class, so I have an extra spot and I'm freaking out because I don't want to miss out on something good.

My ideal elective: Interesting, quantitative or skill-oriented, looks good on transcript, not much homework, no exams (only papers or problem sets).

My choices:
Advanced GIS (mapping programs)
International Project Development and Finance
Environmental Finance
Economic Development of China
Carbon Sequestration - Techniques and Policy

What would you pick and why?
Here is what I'm already taking:
Microeconomics II
Financial Management in Government
Electricity Markets
Workshop on Renewable Energy Policy

I'm going to go bang my head against the wall. Argh.

2 comments:

Eric said...

Economic Development of China. It will have the biggest impact over your career. And you can actually use it as a base in any of the other choices. Plus you would better understand why Chinese people get to choose random American names when they come here.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the above comment. I think when you take the China class you should give yourself a name. Like have people call you Ling-Ling or something along those lines.