Jan 24, 2009

Coming back to NYC.

I was gone for over a month.

I am back home.

After a big-fat party last night and looking forward to possibly two more today, I'm thinking I need to get settled-back-in. I'm going grocery shopping.

One of the first things I did when I got back was to go to Absolute Bagels and treat myself. I couldn't get my favorite because I was going to class and it would've been too smelly (my favorite is everything bagel). My favorite things are more and more the smelly foods. The second thing I did in nyc was to go to my local pizza joint and pick up some buttery spicy garlic knots. Ohhhh. I could eat them again right now. But instead I will go get that everything bagel I've been dreaming about for a month.

Then I'm going grocery shopping in union square. Grocery shopping is a tricky thing here. I'm bringing bags with me so as to prevent all the plastic bags from going into the deep ocean and ruining it for the jellyfish. I have to carry all the bags on the subway, then climb up my 5 flights of stairs with said bags. My arms are exhausted just thinking about all the carrying.

When I came home late wednesday night, I had a HUGE suitcase full of my month-long wares in DC. It took me about 5 minutes to carry that behemoth up the stairs. I wanted to cry. I think I strained my back - that thing was atleast 50 pounds.

Anyway, it can be tough living in the city, food wise. But I love it for all its charms and quirks. And the food you can get here is out of this world. It's smack your mother good. It's lie down on the floor comatose good.

I also have a new addiction: Siggis yogurt (blueberry). It was $2.19 in DC. Here? It is $3.69. I'm going to go see about buying in bulk, or perhaps become a major stockholder in the company.

TTFN.

2 comments:

JD said...

"smack your mother" and "lie down on the floor comatose" good. kill me now. hilarious.

Joy said...

I always "eat my way" through New York when I go up there.