Jan 19, 2009

On change.

It's not that I don't have time to blog. It's that I have been occupying myself with other things. Namely, interning, spending time with my lover, reading for pleasure, watching movies and episodes of Friends, and taking trips to see family and friends.

My time in DC is coming to an end. I've been here for a month as of today. That is a LONG time to be away from the place you live! But I have been able to see so many cool things and DO so many cool things. I love this city.

Tomorrow we're headed into the city at the break of dawn to stand around with all the other revelers and welcome Barack to the white house!! I cannot wait. We're not allowed to bring any bags with us, so we'll be stuffing our pockets with granola bars and bananas and other relatively flat foods. We'll walk a mile, cross memorial bridge, and walk as far as we can up to the Capitol steps. Only 22 hours until GWB is outta here. Woot woot!

And on that note...I'm off to the mall!

No comments: