Jan 2, 2009

Ringing in the New Year.

Oh to be healthy again.

2009 is off to a rocking start. Besides the fact that I am sick as a dog and working in a dark office right now and its 6:10 PM on a Friday night. My boyfriend is 3 desks over and we are busily wrapping things up so we can go out to eat at the Bilbo Baggins restaurant. Yes, a LOTR themed restaurant in Old Town Alexandria. I am planning on getting the wrathe ragout, or maybe some rabbit stew.

Yesterday being new years day, me and TH celebrated by going to Mt. Pleasant and Columbia Heights. Very cool neighborhoods in DC that are much better seen during the day. Yes. Lots of Meridian Hill Park. Lots of cathedral and historical house hunting. Did you know that 16th street was used as the prime meridian for USA mapping until it was established in the UK? I had no idea.
We went to brunch (all-you-can-eat) at Tonic. It was average, but awesome to eat ALL i wanted. I feasted on eggs, hash browns, and lox bagels with capers, onions, and tomatoes. Yum!

We went to the National Aquarium. I had NO idea DC had a national aquarium - how pathetic is that? I freaking grew up as a DC tourist. Anyway, the aquarium was pretty lame which explains its poor attendance and neglect on the tourist maps. But they did have some really cool turtles and fish that were fun to watch.

We went to see Benjamin Button. It was long. But really enjoyable.

We got take out from mexican and thai places and watched Friends.

We fell asleep reading. Me: The Prize. Him: The Heart is a Lonely Hunter.

Now I am sick. I am drinking OJ. But we ARE going out tonight to the Hobbit Place.

Then tomorrow I am going wedding dress shopping with Mary and the rest of the girls in my family. Girl time is the best. I love mi familia.

3 comments:

JD said...

i need to know how the LOTR-themed restaurant was.

Mejkin said...

yep, the national acquarium leaves much to be desired.

so i've neglected my reading lately--WEDDING DRESS SHOPPING?? apparently i need to read on...

Mejkin said...

i read on. no need to get excited. i look forward to getting excited at some point, tho.

be happy!