Jan 12, 2009

Blogging more was not my new years resolution

I am a delinquent blogger, I know. In my defense, my boss has really been pushing me at work. I work ALL day long. Even at night I still have to put in my time with my boss. Kidding folks. That's a horrible thing to say. My boyfriend is not the boss of me. He just happens to be my work boss for a few short weeks. He puts on his hat when we leave and it magically turns him into my boyfriend. It's quite nice, really. I've been thinking about the different hats I could wear for different situations. I've compiled a list below:

1. Sushi hat
2. Fine cheeses hat
3. Public transportation hat
4. Canadian vacation hat
5. Blogging hat

Any time I wanted to do any of the above activities, I would first have to ensure that my hat was on, properly snug, before I could commence with said activity.

Gnomie, want to get some triple creme brie?
Sure! Let me just grab my hat (runs to get hat)...

See how fun that could be? Costumes make every day things seem just a bit more enjoyable. Like work clothes. I have to go to a Very Important Job Conference on thursday and I get to wear a SUIT. It's fun dressing up. I try not to look so conservative because I'm not 47 and also I don't live in DC anymore so I don't have to be a minion. I'm starting a work wear revolution! I should open my own work wear clothing store! I'm going to call it...Plantain Commonwealth. I'm sure it'll be a hit with the upperly mobile thirty-something crowd. A hit. My only rule will be:: no pleats in any trousers. You can bet on it.

4 comments:

JD said...

sushi hat sounds ethnic and intriguing. my sister dressed her little girl up as sushi for halloween. it's the truth. i objected, as a good uncle should.

Eric said...

This boss at work and boyfriend at home is totally going to ruin role playing later on...

Jen Evans said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen Evans said...

So I put up a Laura-in-muumuu pic on my blog and I saw in the background you seem to be tossing Brooklyn over a fence. Not spelled fense.