Sep 12, 2009

a few ways to love life.

Once upon a time I had a darling niece, Lizzie. She loved to be silly. She would make bread dough snowmen with me and sing "once there was a snowman". She would stick her tongue out at me and tell me there was a spider on my head. She would laugh at her mommy and they would laugh with each other.Another niece, Brooklyn, came to visit last week and the silliness increased by a hundred. Brooklyn likes to drink ketchup, hang upside down on monkey bars, and snuggle under blankets with her auntie juju.
Inspired by the girls, and deciding silliness is a good thing, TH and I rode roller coasters all afternoon, to remind ourselves how much we love being silly. We rode every roller coaster in the park, and laughed the entire day.
We road tripped in the new mini. Which is not so much silly, as it is necessary fun and delight.And one more silly thing - I stayed up until 2am making cookies for TH's birthday - ice cream cookie sandwiches. Delicious. But who stays up till 2am making cookies?

3 comments:

Josh and Leslie said...

He got a mini couper!! So extremely jealous...

Joy said...

A mini cooper? Awesome!!!


*sheepishly raises hand*


(yes, I've stayed up until 2 making cookies).

naomi megan. said...

mark got a mini cooper?
so cool! we need a ride in that thing!