Sep 8, 2009

should i stop wearing so much plaid?

I've been working at the job for about 3 months now. Things are going ok, and I generally like the people I work with, although there are some odd ducks, but such is life.

So I'm typing away on my computer and the receptionist comes in my office, asking that I sign a "Statement on Drugs in the Workplace". I look at it curiously, and look at her curiously, and she says, "you probably haven't signed this yet, so I just wanted to make sure you knew about it. you need to sign it."

and i look at the form.
"you are hereby notified that the unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensing, possession, or use of a controlled substance is prohibited in the workplace"

etc, etc.

so...should i be offended? do my coworkers think i use drugs on the job? why am i just getting this form now? should i stop drinking so much diet coke???

i feel a teensy bit profiled.

1 comment:

Jen Evans said...

Your crackpipe fell out on the elevator. It has your name on it. Huge mistake.