Nov 26, 2006

Permanancy

I reached the plateau.

Take a moment with me, won't you? Life sure comes at you fast sometimes. Sometimes you find yourself running around in a frenzy, trying to accomplish everything in life which you esteem important. Everyone around you is doing the same, talking on cell phones, checking their blackberry's, attending to their finances, eating at fast food places while they catch up on the news, trying to maintain a family life and social life, going to the gym, fulfilling community and religious responsibilities... It gets so tiring.
Then sometimes, life slows down. It stops coming so quickly. Initially you enjoy the monotony of a day spent at your leisure. Want to watch two movies in a row? Go ahead. No one will judge you. Care to spend the majority of the afternoon soaking in a hot bath while catching up on your reading? Surely you should feel it is well earned. Maybe you feel like an afternoon jaunt through the city museums, then sitting in the park to watch the street punks skate? Do it. Nobody will judge. It is so great to be free to do what you want! No job, no responsibilities, no rent to pay...this all sounds like the good end of the deal, no? Well, actually...no, it doesn't. I mean, it does at first don't get me wrong. But after 2 MONTHS. Seriously. Can. I. Get. Something. To. Do?

I've never ached for a copy machine before, nary a project involving collation and filing. Ok, I still am not aching for that, but I want to be part of something where I work and get paid for my work! I honestly believe that in order to graduate from college you should be required to take a class entitled: Getting a Job in the Real World 101. Because so many people I have talked to have no friggin clue. I am included, if not first in line, in this real world tragedy.

So why do I want to buckle down and get a job?
Because getting a job=moving into city=fun days and nights=happiness=security=fulfillment.

So. Major effort for job attainment is underway. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Eric said...

I've only got one word for you and it's Hooters. Seriously, I think it would go well.