Mar 14, 2007

I don't feel like it


Being sick is the pits.


I went through my life for a year without a cold and now in the past 3 months I have gotten 2 colds. Since I started working. Hmmm....I must work in a dirty environment with sick, yucky people. Airborne, here I come.


You know that feeling when you have to sneeze and you dont? Then it just lingers there in your nose, tickling your throat and nose and your eyes start to water? Snap. I hate that.


On a completely different note, yesterday after work I happened to take advantage of my surroundings. It was 70 degrees and sunny. I met up with a friend and we hiked up to the zoo. The zoo! As we walked in, the first animal I noticed was the Zebra. And I thought -- How interesting that as I work about 1 1/2 miles away from this place, typing and saving things on the N Drive, there are jungle and safari animals just hanging out doing their thing. That is severly odd. What if they escaped and you didn't know? Then you'd be walking down the street, minding your own business and all of the sudden there is a panda walking next to you, reading the Express. There are a lot of temps working here. I wish that they would hire a panda as a temp. Atleast I could think of interesting questions to ask him. I'll talk to HR and see what they think.


So after the zoo, we got ice cream. I got lime daquari and it was pretty decent. I love the city. There are tons of interesting restaurants, the most intriguing being the Ethiopian restaurants I have recently noticed. They are everywhere. The food must be good...right? Speaking of restaurants, I got a call this morning to inform me that I won lunch for me and 10 of my friends at Mai Thai!!!! I'm so excited! I dropped my business card in a dropbox. The only one I have dropped since recently getting my business cards. The funny thing is I didn't even eat at that restaurant. It was too crowded. Ha. Now I get 11 free meals. I am on my way to being the most popularist person in my office.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yann Martel - author of Life of Pi - says in his book that if you could turn a big city upside down and usher all of the animals out, there would be everything. He thinks that they are just really good at hiding. Great book. It's not John Bytheway, but still pretty good.