Mar 3, 2007

A man's best accessory

Besides the fact that I am at work on the most beautiful Saturday afternoon we have thusly been bestowed with, today is a great day.


We finally opened up our blinds today. There is sunlight pouring through our windows and warming our bodies. Roomies and I sat in the sunroom and talked this morning and I must say, it was one of the more relaxing mornings of my life.


That being said, I have been thinking of something lately that is very troubling. For the past 6 years I have harbored an unnatural love for big, bushy man beards. None of these sissy I Am A Grown Man of Seventeen beards. No, I'm talking the Sam Beam variety.Seriously. I see a man with a beard and it's like time stands still for that one moment while we are gazing longingly into each others eyes (read: me creepily staring at his luscious beard). So imagine my surprise when I saw a picture of a boy with a mustache and I liked it. Well, not really a boy because we all know what a 13 year old with a hairlip looks like. Unacceptable. More appropriately it is a 20 something man.
He is Brandon Flowers, the lead singer for The Killers. He has such an attractive mustache. His whole look screams "I play Tybalt in weekend productions of Romeo and Juliet". I never thought I was attracted to the thespian type, yet here I am swooning for a mustache. But it is only a certain type of mustache. Not too thin, not too thick.





What is too thick? Well.I guess the difference for me between beards and mustaches is this: The fuller and thicker your beard is, the more i want to make out with you. The fuller and thicker your mustache is, the more i want to run away screaming for fear of walrus attack.

6 comments:

Eric said...

In my poll on who I should leave my wife to in the likely event of my death, Tom Selleck won hands down. I hope she likes 'em thick. I too like Brandon Flowers moustache because he has the little spot right under the middle of his nose that doesn't grow hair, just like me. And he's from Nephi. So hot right now.

Anonymous said...

mmmm.....tybalt......i heart john leguizamo. Remember how he played luigi in the mario brothers movie? He had that great line about the car shooting out of the tunnel like snot out of a nose.

On my link, read what john said about Steven Seagal and Leo DiCaprio. Hehehe.

Idaho Rob said...

Julie I am Idaho Rob and I am a Thespian with a mediocre-ly thick moustache-You probably are in love with me...just so you know..

Jill said...

That is really funny, but due to the high Arab concentration at my school, their are lots of 12 year old with a moustache.

Julie said...

I appreciate that you all gently reminded me that it is spelled moustache, not mustache. I grew up in Manassas, we don't get taught how to read or write real good.

Anonymous said...

we were also taught to pronounce it moostaash.