Oct 22, 2007

The post with all the feelings


Sisters. Sisters. There were never such devoted sisters.

You'll notice (if you know my family), that a certain red headed sister is missing. No, we didn't shun her because of her red hair. She chose to shun the Sister weekend by attending an unnamed function with the new found Love of Her Life. Every time I talk to Red Head, she has a new story about the LoHL. In fact, last time I visited her, she came into the room with tears in her eyes because she just couldn't believe how wonderful this boy is and how much she loves him and how much he loves her, etc, etc.

So why am I writing this exposé on my RedHead sister? Look, I'm not, ok? Back up off me. I am merely trying to figure out what it is that makes some people so sure and absolute in their relationships, while others flounder around, wavering like a Jenga tower, trying to understand their feelings.

I am of the school of the Jenga Tower.

As I become older and wiser (read: fatter and untrusting) I realize that love at first sight and falling hard and fast for someone all depends on a persons mindset. If you are a romantic person, you will more readily dive head-first into a relationship, whereas the jaded 25 year old girl will tip toe around in her relationships, waiting for the ball to drop.

Maybe I've gone through so MANY relationships (albeit, a few good ones, but mostly stressful and unnecessary), that the thought of finding "The One" just seems like a made-up story. If you've found The One, I'd love some feedback on this. To me, it seems some people just find a person that they can really get along with and who is their best friend, and then they just commit to live their lives together. That should take awhile, right? I mean, is that what happens? What happens to these people who fall wildly in love instantaneously and marry quickly? What is the divorce rate for these couples? Success rate? I'd like to know.

Red Head Sister, I love your love stories. Even if they are mushy times 20, it's nice to hear about other people's adventures and tender tender luv. Just call me if you need some advice on putting on the brakes. I've got plenty to pass around.

5 comments:

Jay and Heath said...

Those are some profound questions Joyas. Way too complex for my little brain. Jota

Jen Evans said...

She's in love, she's in love, and she doesn't care who knows it! I believe it's not The One, but the one, as in the one you could probably spend your entire lie with no matter how fat and bald and icy hot smelling they get, because whatever.

Eric said...

Is this raging slutbag thing going to take off and become a regular occurrence? That could be the answer to your perceived problems.

Anonymous said...

You get what you play for baby!


...

The Sullengers said...

I never thought Kash was my soul mate - ever! I'm not really a romantic either (I may have been in my younger days, but as I got older, I was a little more cautious) Anyway, but I guess the thing that really got me with Kash is he was so nice (not a bad boy like many women want) he cooked, he cleaned, he helped, he was just all around nice - and yeah I was attracted to him (which no matter what anyone tells you - IS IMPORTANT) so just find someone that makes you feel good about yourself everyday and then it will work out. Because when you feel good you will want the other person to feel the same way and then it will just work