Feb 20, 2008

Hintermountain West

I am on a layover in Long Beach and it is the WORST. First of all, it's raining. Secondly, its 7 AM. Third, there were no departure listings until AFTER you went to baggage claim, so I had to get back in the security line and check my crap through security AGAIN. Plus this airport is all kind of set up outside since you know its "california" - "land of the sun". Well newsflash, CA. You are not much fun when its raining and your visitor woke up at 4 AM after a half hour of sleep because she was up all night playing SCRABBLES with her sisters!!!

I know, I know. I should stop blogging in airports probably. The reasons for this are twofold. One - these posts always tend to be scattered and two - these posts always tend to be complaint-oriented. This will not stop me - I'm bored and its too cold to sleep so this is all I can do.

So trip wrap-up time.
I spent the past 3-4 days in Utah. Baby time!! Sister time!! Family time!! Friends time!! Ohhh I love to visit Utah. It is full of people I love and miss and want to be around all the time.

Oh geeezzzz - there are friggin birds all in this airport. Just walking around on the carpet. Ick.

Anyway. So basically there was a lot of baby time.


And a lot of sister time.


And...a lot of eating. Oh, sooo much eating. German pancakes, big breakfasts, breads, cheeses, fruit, tofu smoothies, pizza, candy, candy, can

And visiting with old friends, Spew and the redhead and Heath Y Jay. And an ex-boyfriend who I probably should not have seen. But I will not go into that. I use my vacations as run-away time. Run away from all my problems and issues -- thats what vacays are all about, right??

ANYWAYS.

Basically I am so glad I have so many people I love that are all conveniently in one place. I just wish they lived closer to me!! And I want to post more pictures, but the internets is being slow and remember I have no patience today. I'm going to go shoot these birds now. They're flying all over the place and I'm over it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are great. That little waitress was smiling so much because of your good karma vibes. I think you should go to Columbia so we would have another excuse to go to NYC again. Anyway, I still owe you Arby's, so come back soon.

The Sullengers said...

Wow - your hair is so long!!! It is cute! I'm glad you had fun - so many nieces and nephews, how fun. Who was the ex? Anyone I know! :) Well, glad you had a blast! Of course you have to remember that not all of your favorite people are in Utah (for example, me)