Feb 11, 2008

I don't believe I mentioned...

Before all the craziness of The Move and The Business Trip, I went to a ballet. The American Ballet Theatre performed the classic, The Sleeping Beauty. I love a good ballet and I was pretty excited to go check it out, especially with Debbie kickin it by my side. We had a lovely pre-theatre dinner and got settled in our comfy nosebleed orchestra-view seats for the 3 hour ballet.
What I did not expect, however, was that this particular ballet would be starring the one and only COOPER NIELSON*!!! He was the Prince, and the star of the ballet. And his female counterpart? Oh, no big deal - it was only KATHLEEN DONAHUE*! You could feel the energy in the room when they were dancing together. All the pre-pubescent pipsqueaks had no idea why us twenty-somethings were watering at the mouth.

The entire ballet I was distracted with several thoughts:
--Was Jodie Sawyer waiting around backstage to later be blown off by Cooper Nielson?
--Were Kathleen and Cooper talking to each other on stage, exchanging nasty insults about their latest sexshual escapades?
--Does Cooper Nielson really drive that overcompensating motorcyle? Come ON.
--And of course, some classic lines:
Jodi: What about what I want?
Cooper: I don't give a SH*T what you want.

Jodi
: Here's some cookies(for Cooper). For next time.


Seriously. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm the BEST GO* D*MNED DANCER in the ABA! Who the hell are you?? NOBODY.

*These are not the dancers actual names, but their characters as portrayed in the timeless favorite, Center Stage. To me, they are real people.

2 comments:

AmandaStretch said...

*jealous* That's awesome. Did you know there's a sequel coming out!?

http://imdb.com/title/tt1145144/

The Sullengers said...

That is awesome - a sequel? I saw that movie every weekend for a month at the theatre and then had to buy it cause I loved it so much!!!!