Feb 3, 2008

This is what exhaustion feels like

I moved.
Well, I KIND of moved. Most of my stuff is in the new house, lying in piles all throughout the spacious abode. But I still have pots and pans and bowls and butter dishes, along with a few other materials in the old apartment. And it's going to stay there until next weekend probably because I just left for a business trip till Friday.
Thats right. I moved yesterday and today I'm sitting in the airport hoping that I packed what I needed...I'm sure I forgot some essentials.

I feel like such a grown-up. I bought my first carry on luggage yesterday! It's actually the first piece of luggage I've purchased that wasn't from the thrift store (and not counting traveling/hiking packs). I threw a couple collared shirts and pants in the suitcase, remembered the swimsuit and zipped up. You should've seen my trying to find everything. It's driving me absolutely bonkers right now thinking of all my stuff lying in piles on the floor of my room and the living room. I hope Iggy doesn't throw all my stuff out and find another roommate while I'm gone! I swear I will clean it up Friday!

My mind is in a million pieces right now. Never move and go on an important trip the day after. I always like to think I'm superwoman, but experiences like this make me think otherwise. I'm also feeling nervous stomach-sickness because of issues stemming from a boy I like. If I let myself, I get so caught up in silly things that don't really matter. I still need that vacation.

Anyway I'm about to go spend the next week in a penthouse suite. Don't be jealous - I'll be lucky if I can get away from meetings to hang out in there. If I do, here's what my time will consist of:
1. Bubble baths
2. Room service
3. Lifetime movies
4. Knitting a scarf
5. Getting in house massages
6. Walking around in the buff

If I get even one out of these 6 items, I will be happy. Even number 6.


Ohhhhh that sounds so nice...

No comments: