Jun 18, 2008

Adventures?

Have I been adventurous? Of course. Of course, what a preposterous question. I've been so preoccupied with sharing my fears and concerns with the blog-o-sphere that I forgot all about entertaining you all, which is the thing we strive for here at Gnomie, Inc.

So adventures have been a-plenty!(Lie #1)

The first weekend I was here was an east side trip. Checked out the upper east side and hit up a fabuloso Italian restaurant, Vespa, courtesy of Teen Heartthrob. I had some really yummy pasta and veggies with pesto. And thee most amazing molten lava chocolate cake I've ever tasted. Oh sweet purity, I long for you once more. I figured out how to use the cross-town bus, which has proved to be important since my church building is cross-town. This weekend also involved extensive walks around my neighborhood and the lower east side. There are some amazing churches that I need to photograph. Sorry about the lack of photos lately, but my camera is experiencing difficulties. Will be up and running shortly.(Lie #2)

Second weekend was Brooklyn weekend. Not this Brooklyn:


But this Brooklyn: (I must point out that I'd rather of been with my cutie niece Brooklyn. Come visit guys!!)
Went to the Brooklyn museum, fell in love with Japanese wood-block carving, checked out some pretty brownstones, scored a "fun pass" for the subway, back to my island for delicious lower-east-side sushi, union square to eat chocolate at Max Brenner, then later that weekend a trip to the Museum of Natural History. Oh and some H&H bagels, too! Fun weekend, and saw a LOT!

This past weekend was fairly tame. I did a lot of homework (Lie #3), saw a movie in West Chelsea, church, and met a few new friends. Monday was a no school day, so me and a new friend, Jess, went on a little treasure hunt through Union Square. We went to Brooklyn Industries and scored some sweet new laptop bags and then to like 12 different grocery stores, carrying TONS of bags around by the end of the trip, and had a blast! Jess is so much fun and I'm really glad we've met. I have a feeling she's going to make life tons of fun on this little island.

So what is on the plate for this weekend? Hopefully some more Brooklyn, some transportation fun, and beach time!

2 comments:

The Sullengers said...

Oh the fun - how is school? Do you like the professors and program? Yeah for finding fun friends = they are hard to come by

JD said...

jap wood block carving is pretty sweet stuff. my people can pull things off every once in a while

ps leave the library right now