Jun 22, 2008

Geeking out

I have a new friend who works at The Apple Store. He is all tech, all the time. He always tries to get me to join sites like yelp, muxtape, mixwit, etc. Basically he is really into websites and is always talking about computers. That's what most of our conversations are about. It's kind of funny. So the other day I was telling him about this awesome new wallpaper I got for my mac screen.

Gnomie: So, I got some really cool wallpaper today.
Apple Geek: Where'd you get it from?
G: Oh, I just saw it on this blog
AG: Cool. Did you already put it up? What is it?
G: (slightly confused) Um, yeah. It's up. It looks really good. It's a nebula.
AG: Hmm. Did you look into decals, too?
G: Decals? What for? (thinking - like stickers or something for my mac?)
AG: Yeah, like birds flying or a tree or something.
G: (catching on) Oh. Hmmm.
AG: *Blank stare*
G: I think we are talking about 2 different things. I'm talking about wallpaper for my mac.
AG: Oh. I thought you meant the real wallpaper. Weird. This is the first time I've ever thought of something analog first instead of digital.
G: (trying to stifle laughter) Yeah. Weird.

I had some amazing gelato tonight from Grom, this awesome gelateria that's straight off the boat from Italy. They only have 2 U.S. stores, both in Manhattan. I had tiramisu and hazelnut. Soooo amazing.
Also, last night I went to Union Hall in Brooklyn to check out Via Audio and Jukebox the Ghost (a DC band!). It was a really great space - the sound was amazing and the crowd was a lot of fun and both bands rocked the party. So much dancing and fun for all. Plus my friend Bone Malone, who was with me, looks just like the guitarist from Jukebox. So funny.

Guess who'd coming to dinner tomorrow? And staying in the city for a few days? (Hint: It's not Sidney Poitier)

2 comments:

leslie said...

i'm so glad you've been able to blog regularly so far--it helps to give me my gnomie fix. miss you!

Lindsay said...

LOL AG makes me laugh. Sounds like you are loving NYC?