Jun 29, 2008

How it pours

Every Sunday since I've been here it has rained. Every Sunday I get caught in the rain. I still haven't gotten an umbrella (stubborn? broke? maybe both?). Today I got caught in one of the worst downpours ever and I calmly walked 3 blocks to my apartment from the subway while everyone else took cover under building awnings and various scaffolding. I walked, feeling the rain trickle down my face and it was one of the most cleansing showers I've taken. Not physically, but emotionally. I felt something bigger in that rain as tears poured out of heaven and out of my own eyes. Its been kind of a tough week. I'm trying to be strong and regroup today. Take a deep breath, assess the changes I need to make, and plow forward unafraid.

Starting over is difficult, but even more difficult is the act of giving up. I'm not giving up anytime soon. I don't have that chip in my brain. I just wish I had more of the "hard worker" chip. Eeek.

1 comment:

Eric said...

I am assuming that you were swinging your wet hair around in a stripper-like fashion?